Sunday 1 April 2007

Being to religious


The aim of this session was to understand alternative forms of relgion and their charcteristics. To examine some of the features of 'cults' and their relationship to the dominant culture. To assess why they are perceived as 'deviant'.
I think the main importance in a person's life is having hope. Religion gives you the possibility of feeling hope, in the world, in your life, that there is a force bigger than you and that therefore you are not alone. It gives you the possibility of belonging to community by simply believing in a God. When a question is asked about religion and it's importance, people automatically assume that it has a theological base. This is not always the case. Religion in wider sense relates to having a belief or faith. The importance of being relgious is that the manner of conduct whichever religion you choose will be one that honours freedom, peace, compassion and the goodwill of humanity. People will like you for who you are and not nessarily what religion you chose to be. I believe that the importance of being religious is to be able to live the lifestyle in the way your eyes would see correct. Religion is just lifestyle you choose and that reigion will specify outlines in the way you live your life.

1 comment:

Jess88 said...

Hiya. I like your opinion on religion. I feel it is a nice idea and the world would be a much nicer place if everyone else viewed it that way too. I myself am not religious in the slightest. I was brought up in a catholic school, so you would think that I would be very religious. However, the school I went to was too religious in my opinion. This is what put me off. I agree with you people should be viewed as who they are, not what religion they are and I feel that I do that. The only thing that gets me mad about religion is when other people try and force it on me. Otherwise I don't really care either way.